The Apex Balance Shoe is a revolutionary, science-based* approach to helping others live active and independent lifestyles. With a low-profile heel to aid postural stability, a high-performance, slip resistant sole for traction, a smooth outsole and angled toe to reduce stumbles, and a textured insole to provide sensory feedback for those with polyneuropathy, the Apex Balance Shoe is designed specifically to reduce fall risk. We also added high levels of comfort, stability and support, along with hook and loop closures to make sure these shoes will be a delight to wear. With these science-based features, you can be sure that the Apex Balance Shoe will keep you on your feet and take you wherever you need to go.
Fall Risk and Footwear*
There is a notable correlation between fall risk and footwear:
- Inappropriate footwear has been identified as a contributor of up to 45% of falls.
- A study of people who had suffered a fall-related hip fracture reported that 75% were wearing poor footwear at the time of injury.
- Appropriate footwear has been identified as a preventative measure in reducing fall risk.
- Footwear can improve balance.
- Textured footbed provides proprioceptive sensory feedback for polyneuropathy.
*References available here.