Diabetic footwear can help people with diabetes, plantar fasciitis, bunions, arthritis, and more. When you have one of these conditions, standing and walking indiabetic shoes is more comfortable since they:
- Improve Blood Circulation for Better Mobility
- Diabetic footwear offers extra room and features breathable materials for a custom fit and ultimate comfort. That's why diabetic footwear is an excellent choice for people with neuropathy.
- Prevent Calluses and Skin Rubbing Keeping Feet Healthy
- From a deep toe box to smooth seams, the interior of a diabetic shoe lessens friction against irregularities like bunions and hammertoes while also preventing calluses.
- Decrease Pressure for Less Foot Pain
- Diabetic shoes feature shock-absorbent soles that help reduce pressure on bunions and ulcers while alleviating pain from plantar fasciitis and arthritis.
3 Reasons to Consider Diabetic Footwear Over Regular Shoes
A Custom Fit
Unlike regular shoes, diabetic footwear comes in full-sizes, half-sizes, and three different widths. They also offer adjustability with laces and hook and loop closure. That way, you can loosen and tighten your shoes depending on swelling or changes to your feet.
Though brands like Sketchers may offer shoes that look similar, Apex shoes are customizable to suit bunions, hammertoes, and other foot irregularities.
Diabetic shoes have shoe inserts that, when removed, must provide at least 3/16 inch extra room or more. The added space reduces pressure on your foot, allowing for better circulation. This also leave room to add your own custom or prefabricated shoe inserts for even more comfort and support.
Compare that to leading brands, which offer no additional space and allow room for only the thinnest shoe inserts.
Apex footwear features high-quality materials like leather and wool. Apex shoes offer long-lasting uppers with sturdy rubber outsoles to keep you balanced and comfortable during a long walk.
Other brands cut corners by making their shoes with cheaper materials that can fall apart after a few months, whereas you can rest assured that our shoes will provide miles of comfort.
Our shoes will get you back on your feet.
Browse diabetic shoes styles for women.